Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Winter San Juan Islands trip

Jon and Lauren were in Oregon visiting her family and our aunt, uncle, and cousins the week of Christmas. They came back the following weekend before returning to California. Their trip up to that point had included planes, trains, buses, and automobiles - only boats missing as a mode of transportation! So we decided a ferry ride out to the San Juans was in order.
A little ping-pong on Friday night (this game was much tamer than the ones to follow with Troy)...

Yes, somehow after a slam the ball hit a nail in the unfinished ceiling and stuck!

On the ferry Saturday morning...

We had surprisingly good late December weather for our trip to the San Juans.

In Roche Harbor

A must-do while on San Juan Island - the Lime Kiln Lighthouse park.

Alas, we had to imagine previous whale-watching at this spot instead of seeing the real thing this time of year.

2 comments:

Lane and Sylvia said...

John must Be Troy's brother. I assume he is by the striking resemblance.
I used to rule at pingpong so some day I'll have to embarrass myself er I mean dominate the table.
- Lane

Troy, Lisa, and Braden said...

Actually, Jon is my youngest brother. We'll look forward to seeing your ping-pong prowess!
~ Lisa